Customs Education & Training
Many IFCBA members provide training and professional development activities for customs brokers and international traders.
The IFCBA, in partnership with the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB), offers other IFCBA member associations the opportunity to offer on-line valuation training to their members. We will work with the national customs brokers’ association to make sure the course content meets local needs.
Please contact the IFCBA Secretariat at email@example.com for more information on training.
Links to Training
We are pleased to provide the following links to education and training programs offered by IFCBA members.
Canadian Society of Customs Brokers
Ms. Janice Bradley-Guillemot
Education Programs Officer, Education and Professional Development Services
The following courses are offered by the CSCB, at http://cscb.ca/Courses_Programs
Introduction to Customs Course
- CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) Course - This course leads to a designation that recognizes that the customs brokerage and international trade communities need a standard for customs knowledge. This standard requires an ongoing commitment to professional development. We offer individuals the challenge of updating and upgrading their skills every year.
The Certified Customs Specialist program exists in both Canada and the United States of America, offering graduates the opportunity to gain a certificate that is recognized in both countries.
- CTCS (Certified Trade Compliance) Program – This program is designed with experience in mind. Individuals committing to professional development are offered challenging subject specific courses that include:
(a) Harmonized System of Tariff Classification;
(b) Rules of Origin and Trade Agreements;
(c) GST/HST/PST/Excise Tax; and
(d) Importing Food
(e) Valuation and Transfer Pricing
National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America, Inc.
NCBFAA Educational Institute
- Certified Customs Specialist Course
- Customs Broker License Examination Prep Courses
- Monthly Conference Call Seminars
- Certified Ocean Forwarder Program