The WCO will be hosting the Second Global Conference on Cross-Border E-Commerce, organized by the WCO and supported by CCF Japan, will be held virtually from 28 to 29 June 2021 from 13:00 to 16:00 (Belgium Time).
With the theme “Customs united effort on Recovery, Renewal and Resilience for a sustainable E-Commerce supply chain”, the Conference will bring together policy and decision makers, as well as operational experts from Customs, E-Commerce operators, international organizations, and other stakeholders. Considering the benefits of full implementation of the WCO E-Commerce Framework of Standards and the associated E-Commerce Package, Members and stakeholders will discuss Customs procedures renewal and innovation under COVID-19 with the use of data and technologies for E-Commerce supply chain continuity. The event will stimulate and advance strategic thinking towards fostering innovative and inclusive partnership with E-Commerce stakeholders for a secure, sustainable and resilient cross-border E-Commerce environment.
You will also have the opportunity to :
• UNDERSTAND the evolving commercial landscape driven by E-Commerce under the COVID-19 pandemic.
• DISCUSS existing and emerging challenges, new business models, and inclusive cooperation along the E-Commerce supply chain from diverse perspectives.
• LEARN about the latest E-Commerce-related work of the WCO and stakeholders.
• HEAR from leading experts on E-Commerce working experiences, best practices, sustainable solutions, and ongoing innovative pilots/initiatives on the use of data, Blockchain technology, and Artificial Intelligence for enhancing Customs procedures for E-Commerce including Postal procedures.
• EXPLORE future opportunities to expand the Authorized Economic Operators (AEO) concept for fostering innovative and inclusive partnership with E-Commerce stakeholders.
Save the date for this event and start preparing to take part in it! The Conference Website and Agenda will be available soon.
In the meantime, for more information please contact the WCO event team: e-commerceConf@wcoomd.org.